THE NUTRI BASKET
Eat Healthy, Live healthy!!!!
All too often, we can talk about food as if people needed to make a choice between what tastes good and what’s good for them. Well-intentioned parents, for example, tell their children to eat their vegetables (what’s “good for them”) before they can have dessert (what “tastes good”).
We really should be “focusing on making healthy foods more delicious and indulgent.”
We agree—and here’s the beauty of choosing farm-fresh vegetables from The Chef's Garden: they’re already chock-full of flavor and nutrition alike. This means that you can prepare dishes for your family quite simply—and they’ll already be delicious, providing the vitamins and minerals your family needs for good health. Or, if you’ve got a special recipe that takes time and attention, the regeneratively farmed crops grown on The Chef's Garden ensures that you’ll use top quality ingredients that are bursting with flavor.
Flavor, Flavor, Flavor
Flavors of our fresh veggies include the following:
· Beets: Think earthy. Think sugar sweet. Farm fresh beets miraculously combine the best of both.
· Bok Choy: Add the flavor of Chinese cabbage to your home-cooked dishes quickly and easily.
· Carrots: Sweet, nutty, and earthy—so aromatic with a crunchy, juicy texture.
· Kale: Sweet, cabbage-y, nutty. Enjoy enjoyed raw, or blanched, braised, roasted, sautéed, steamed, or fried.
· Lettuce: Revel in a rainbow of flavors, including grassy, nutty, and earthy. Some varieties have the mild taste of raw mushrooms, bell peppers, and green grass.
· Potatoes: Mix of sweet and earthy flavors, and a mixture of smooth and flaky skins
· Spinach: Mild, fresh, green, buttery—and beautifully sweet. That’s what you can count on with our spinach.
· Sweet Potatoes: Some offer up a pleasantly sweet flavor with other varieties being spicy and, still others, creamy.
Vibrant in color and flavor, fruits and vegetables are a big part of a healthy diet and provide life long health benefits. As we age, the need for fresh produce becomes even more important, as fresh produce lowers your risk of disease and helps keep your body and mind fueled.
The daily minimum recommendation is five or more servings of fruit and vegetables, but as people grow older and become less mobile it becomes more difficult to get access to fresh groceries. That’s where you come in!
Adventure Farm is a farm based in Karen, committed to providing fresh organic vegetables to its customers.
Think about it, by the time you buy vegetables in the market, that food has been mishandled in the worst possible way. From untraceable source, use of unknown pesticides to rough packing and unhygienic handling. In addition you can be sure that the vegetables are at least 3 days old by the time you serve them up to your family.
Adventure’s basket is committed to providing fresh organic vegetables, served up to your kitchen within 24hrs of harvest. We only use certified, safe, biological pesticides when absolutely necessary thus ensuring the food we provide is healthy and wholesome. We endeavour to save you time by making your ordering process hustle free and bring convenience to ordinary food shopping. All the food we provide can be traced to our farm and customers are welcome to visit and certify the source of their daily nutrition.
We promise to offer you healthy vegetables, freshly harvested, convenient at your doorstep.